At the law firm of Schulze, Howard & Cox, we can help you create an estate plan that will protect your interests in the future. Our estate planning lawyers have the experience and legal knowledge necessary to understand the ramifications of your financial, health care and business decisions. We consult with financial professionals, including forensic accountants, insurance agents and financial planners, who can help us assess and preserve your complex assets. Our firm also provides agriculture estate planning for farmers and farm owners in Union County and Central Ohio.
to speak with an attorney about your estate plan and how you can protect yourself and your assets in the future.
DETAIL-ORIENTED ESTATE PLANNING
There are three main steps in the estate planning process. First, we will help you assess and evaluate your situation, including your estate, your beneficiaries and your priorities including an extensive review of how your assets are currently held. No two situations are the same, and your unique needs must be considered fully before a proper estate plan can be drafted. Our firm has developed various checklists that will help you determine the nature of your estate, the plan for your beneficiaries and the priorities that you need to consider.
Next, we will help you draft the documents that you will need to complete your estate plan. These documents can range from a simple will to various kinds of trusts, each with advantages for specific situations. We will also help you with related documents, such as powers of attorney, living wills, health care directives and other documents. Unlike some lawyers, who only take your information and put in into a form, we will make sure that the documents that we draft for you make sense for your situation.
Finally, we will ensure that your assets are properly held and titled, and make the appropriate changes if needed. This includes taking into consideration the tax effects, costs and priorities that were determined in the planning step.
COMPLETE YOUR ESTATE PLAN IN A COST-EFFECTIVE MANNER
Whether you are just beginning to consider your estate plan or you are ready to complete the planning process, contact us to consult with an experienced lawyer about your situation. At Schulze, Howard & Cox, we have the experience necessary to help you fully evaluate your situation and tailor your estate plan to fit your individual needs. Call us in Marysville, Ohio, at 937-644-3849
To learn more please click on our Estate Planning Booklet
and Digital Asset Planning Worksheet
EXPERIENCED LEGAL SERVICES FOR WILLS AND TRUSTS
At the law firm of Schulze, Howard & Cox, we invite you to start planning for your future by considering a will or trust. We understand that discussing what happens after you die is not always easy. However, it is important to discuss how to protect and secure your assets for the future of your loved ones. By taking action now, you are the one who gets to decide the distribution of your assets.
Many clients come to us thinking a will or trust is optional. In fact, they are essential estate planning tools. Any individual that owns property and other assets can benefit from a will or trust. The benefits of planning through a will or trust may include avoiding probate costs and delays, federal and state estate taxes, capital gains tax implications, disability concerns and Medicaid eligibility problems, as well as other potential issues. If you are interested in discussing in further detail your estate planning needs with one of our experienced Marysville will attorneys
, please schedule a consultation.
Contact us and consult with a skilled Ohio wills and trusts lawyer about your legal issues.
Call 937-644-3849 to schedule a consultation.
BENEFITS OF WILLS
Preparing a will allows you to determine your wishes ahead of time so that they can be executed precisely to your specifications. This helps avoid disputes over how to distribute your assets. In addition, it relieves the burden on your loved ones from having to guess what your wishes were. Wills can also determine guardianship for minor children. No one can predict the future, but there are estate planning tools that can allow you to prepare for the inevitable.
Additional last will and testament benefits include the following:
- Avoids having the state decide who will receive your assets when you die.
- Allows you to nominate a person in charge of the probate of your estate and a guardian for any minor children.
- Allows you to establish controls on the disbursement of your property to protect your beneficiaries due to their age, maturity, spending habits, disability, and potential for creditors (including spouses)
- Allows you to provide for your animals through an Ohio Pet Trust
BENEFITS OF TRUSTS
There is a common misconception that trusts are only for the wealthy. This is simply untrue. Anyone who has assets may benefit from a trust. Trusts allow people to avoid the costly and time-consuming process of probate.
Additional living individual or family trust benefits include the following:
- Allows control of bequests to minors and others who are unable to manage funds.
- Protects your property for your family during periods of disability.
- Allows for Privacy: The terms of a living trust are contained in a private document, while the terms of a will, including beneficiary designations, the inventory of assets and the written account of all receipts and disbursements of the estate, become matter of public record once the will has been filed with the probate court. Administration of a living trust generally is not made public.
- Allows for quicker transfers: A trustee can begin making distributions of assets to beneficiaries moments after the death of the grantor. However, an executor of a will cannot make distributions until appointed by the court after the will is admitted to probate.
- Avoid multiple probate proceedings: If homes or other real property are owned in different states, use of a living trust may be useful to avoid separate probate proceedings.
- May allow for both Federal and State of Ohio Estate tax savings
- May allow you to provide for your spouse while ensuring that upon your spouse's death your remaining assets transfer to your children
CONTACT US ABOUT YOUR WILL OR TRUST
Start the estate planning process today. If you already have a will or trust, we can assist you with further asset protection
services. Contact us to consult with an experienced lawyer about your situation. At Schulze, Howard & Cox, we have the experience necessary to help you fully evaluate your situation and tailor your estate plan to fit your individual needs. Call us in Marysville, Ohio, at 937-644-3849
To learn more, please click on our Estate Planning Booklet
and Digital Asset Planning Worksheet
Schulze, Howard & Cox, Your Union County Trust Attorneys